13 June 2005

I'm Back from a weekend of Bliss

Well, I 'm back from Vancouver, as a lot of you already know, from doing a show with my KP family. I don't really know what else to say, since a lot of people have said it already. The show was great, from the lighting to the dancing and the music.
Let me just say that this is by far the best show KP have ever had and I've been to a few of them personally. Everything was on hit, even some of the miscues didn't put a damper on anything. The audience were great, they even clapped the musicians as we were walking to our stools playing "ang alibangbang". Hats off to KP for being great hosts and even greater artists. To you all...I Raise The Glass!!!!!!

Here's a summary of some of the memorable and funny things that went on during the show (I only played a limited amount of music, so I was able to observe, yeah I know, unheard of right)

The infamous "conjoined twins" incident during the friday show.

Ed falling off his broken stool and kept playing while going down gracefully.

Veejay's emotional speech during green room, made Warren do the crying game. HAH

The beat then move the gong prelude of the muslim suite (thank Randy for that one)

Ernie "Dong" Andrade's extra note for the fast part of Paseo.

Me and Bryan playing the wrong notes for Lapay and not caring about it.

Rodney's malong music except he played it for Sagayan (good recovery though)

The musicians getting scorched by Kuya Jun during sound check (I was in the sound booth the whole time)

Rodney not getting his stool because Cristina sat on his stool during alibangbang.

Jeanette's sinkil performance (my little princess is all grown up)

Ed writing the lineup on his fingers and hand, not even sure if it was necessary.

Christian "feeling" his Indarapatra dance, then I found out that he was having leg cramps during the dance.

Bev's seemingly dark cloud hanging over her on friday as she was involved with a string of bad luck, from the conjoined twins, too Ed falling dwon during her song, to her partner not making it out in time for Pandango. Hmmm............

Mak, missing his flight to Vancouver and almost missing his flight back to San Francisco. I think he should be banned from traveling. ;P

Me missing the hwy off ramp to Vancouver and making a huge "u-turn" involving 3 streets, two stop lights and a driveway. (Ask my passengers about it)

All dressed Ruffles, nuf said.

The nice "sights" on Robson St. (ain't that right Randy, wink wink)

Me getting sick, because, I decided to smoke outside Boston Pizza with just a t-shirt on. DUMB

But the best memory I have is the one where I performed with everyone that is dear to me on stage. It has been an honor and privilege to share the stage and lights with you all, this is what drives me to better my craft as a musician wannabe and I hope that whatever little music I play, helps drive your passion for dancing.

Again Congrats to all involved and Let's keep doing it.

8 comments:

Mel said...

We had a great time with all you Likettes! Miss you guys already! Hope you have some time for some R&R!

Mur said...

The music ALWAYS drives my passion!

bev said...

great summary!!

What is it with people mixing up Malong music with Sagayan music? I seem to remember a certain someone who played Sagayan during Malong at our show a few years ago? who was that, hmmm..... :P

Big Sexy said...

Excuse me Ms Luzon, but I did not play Sagayan music for your malong, I played the right music, only thing was that it was about twice the speed of what it should've been. :p

bev said...

OMG! can I get a witness?? mur, i know you must remember that!! we were all traumatized by that!

Mur said...

I'm staying out of what music was played. All I know was it was JACKED!

Randy said...

oh hell yeh! very nice "sights." couldn't keep my eyes forward. lucky i didn't wander out into the streets and get hit by a car.

double R said...

angelo, you're the best...we miss you so much already! didn't get much time to chill out and gossip like usual...