08 June 2005

Headaches

I've been off from work since monday. What've I been doing you ask, well, besides packing my stuff and getting ready for Vancouver, I've been busy smoggin my Toyota so that I can give it to one of my aunts that needs a car. I just didn't think that it would take me 3 days to do it.

I took the car for a test at a test only center(translate=hella strict guidelines)
So I pass emissions and everything else, EXCEPT for a minor thing called the ignition timing belt function. When he tested it, he said that it was off by 6 degrees. So it's considered a fail and charges me $57. So I went to a mechanic to get it adjusted. Well when he adjusted it, he forgot to re-calibrate his timing gun so in essence it added an extra 10 degrees. Not knowing what the mechanic did I ended up re-testing and sure enough it failed again, now it's off by 18 degrees. Then he charges me $39 for the re-test. So I go back to my mechanic, he realizes his mistake and re-calibrated his timing gun and adjusted the timing. By that time I couldn't go back to the smog place because he doesn't have anymore openings until wednesday morning. So I went home. Tuesday, I decided to go around get stuff for the trip and then realized that the luggage I have is too small. My parents ended up taking my big suitcase when they went back to the Philippines. So I ent to Target and had to buy a bigger suitcase for the trip.

I then went to Ledge's house to visit him and the family. But everytime I go there I get allergy attacks. My right eye started drying up and my nose got clogged up. So after a while, I decided to go home.

Wednesday morning comes and I go for the third smog test on the car. Finally it passes since it's only off by 2 degrees. SO he then charges me $47. So basically this smog test cost me about $143, Dang dood, now I have to work overtime when I get back just to make it up. I'm telling ya, cars are bad investments. Get a good one and stick with just one. Don't have 3 like I do, it will just deplete your funds quickly.

So now I'm all packed up (I think) and i'm just going to head out to rondalla rehearsal tonite and then off we go in the early morning to YVR. But that's a different kind of headache (joke lang). 'til I get back. Headache one signing off.

3 comments:

R said...

It's scary buying a new car considering how expensive they are now and hearing someone complain about investing money in cars when it's still fresh is the last thing I wanna hear! hehe. can't wait to see you guys. Rhoel.

Mel said...

Don't worry, we'll drink your troubles away!...temporarily!

laragitara said...

Break a leg!

LG