04 July 2005

Weekend Happenings

This 3-day weekend has been one of the more hectic ones I've ever had in a long time.

Friday-had rondalla fraktis, since Donger was down in San Diego, and I forgot to bring the BII binder, I played bass for half the time. I think I did ok, as I'm still learning how to play the bass. But I can tell you this, nothing beats the feeling of excitement one gets when you play a new instrument and actually get through a song that you actually played right. Hopefully I can continue getting more practice time with it.

Saturday was Anotnio's 3rd b-day. It was held at a park in Benicia. It was hot but windy. As usual, since it a party thrown by Ledge, there's hella food. I can tell you that if you ever go to his parties, you will never go hungry. That same night they held a house blessing for their new home. It was really nice for them to have family and friends there. Those David's are really hospitable and I feel lucky to be treated like family.

Sunday was a BBQ get together at the Laxa's in the double v. Can you say HOT. I mean geez, there was no breeze to keep you cooled down. So we all pretty much stayed inside the house until it was about 5 pm when it cooled down a bit. Then we went to the garage to listen to Randy mess around with the turntables and dribble Vince's basketball up and down the street. It felt really nice to just sit around the table and talk about everything and anything likha related with my fellow likhettes.
It's also amazing how much energy the kids have, I left about 15 after midnight and the kids were still wide awake and still playing.

Monday I finally made it back home (haven't been home since friday night) and what did I do, catch up on some sleep. Then I hooked up with the David's again and we proceeded to go to Cache Creek. (same story as far as I'm concerned) It's amazing how much crab Ledge can eat. He's my hero when it comes to buffet eating. I can't keep up with him ;p luv ya like a bro.

Hope everyone had a fun and safe weekend.

Ciao Bella

3 comments:

bev said...

oh, so are you going to steal the bass music binder now too?

:)

Bryan said...

oooh i loved all the FOOD! and the tsismis. :-)

Da Factor said...

sounds like food heaven, is there such a food heaven?