28 July 2004

Entertainment

As it was so hot today, I just parked my Big Brown Truck under the freeway and decided to just relax and cool off.  As I was doing this I get a phone call from my cousin and she was telling me how she worked backstage at a concert for N.E.R.D. and how they were all just hangin out with them after the concert. She even e-mailed me pictures to my phone (technology is amazing aint it).  This got me thinking about the number of famous people I've met throughout the years, so I decided to make a list.

Wilie Mays-met him at the parking lot at the Cow Palace during a card show. I was on the way out to go home and he was just going in. Me and my friends got to shake his hand and he actually stopped to have a little conversation with us (mostly asking how the show was and if there was any famous people in there, as if he isn't one of them)  That was really cool.

Barry Bonds-I ran into him a while back when the Giants was still playing at Candlestick park, I was delivering something to the Giants office and as the Giants had a day game a lot of the players were already at the ballpark.  As I was going down the ramp to go back to my truck, here was Barry walking across to go to the players clubroom.  i yelled out What's up Barry, and stuck up my hand. Surprisingly he said what's up and high fived me.  Man, that was awesome.

Nora Aunor-famous Phillipine entertainment icon, she actually stayedat my house in Pinole for a couple of days while she was doing a concert tour of the US.  Turns out, one of my aunts is her manager.  How cool is that.

The entire Blanco Family-Famous Family of painters from Angono, Rizal.  Wewere lucky enough to be picked as their billet when they came here to do a show during a Pistahan festival.  If you ever get a chance to go to Angono, check out their house/museum, believe me it's inspiring.

Carl Weathers-I met "Apollo Creed", actually ran into him at a mall in San Diego.  I almost didn't recognized him until he said "excuse me" after we collided.  That's the extent of that.
 
Malou and Christine Nubla-They are actually family so I don't know if that counts.
 
Liza Battalones-she is one of Aileen's (Ledge's wife) best friends. nuf said
 
Wendy Tokuda-she actually spoke to my high school english class, talking about the media and the importance of going to college.
 
Ramon Obusan-The most premier researcher of Phillipine dance and music culture in the Philippines.  It is an honor.
 
Likha PFE-World famous Phil. folk dance company, has a lot of members you can consider Rock Stars.........aaaahhhh Good Times

KP of BC- see above entry.

'Til next time my friends     Fish On!!!

 

3 comments:

double R said...

how about kp of bc?

Bryan said...

hey, do you think malou or christine can get us on TV?

double R said...

angelo is the best.