21 July 2004

Asian Drivers

I would like to think that when one gets a license, it should've been based on the notion that you will be alert and conscious about the way you drive, for the safety of others. 

As you know I drive a big brown truck for a living, in fact I've been doing it for quite a while, but what irritates me the most are the asian drivers (not to be racist, but it's them alright) on my route that drives those white cargo trucks, for the produce companies around my area, up to now they can't seem to grasp the concept of staying within your lane when driving.  I mean, these guys have been working for as long as I can remember (I've been servicing the same area for about 6 years now) and they still think they own the road. Driving in the middle of a two lane st., making sudden turns without signaling and uugh the worst of it all, driving at 20 mph and not noticing the fact that there's 15 vehicles behind them (and I'm sure everyone is irate).

I guess that's why there's not a whole lot of good asian golfers, they just can't drive  J/K

Fish on Dudes!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, there are a lot of good Asian golfers. Go to any golf course and some of the best golfers are Asian. Some big names right now include Michelle Wei, Se Ri Pak, and Jennifer Rosales.

Gary said...

Well, maybe they have the filipino mentality of driving. Remember in Manila? There's 4 lanes, but somehow, they managed to make 5? ;-)

Mur said...

I actually have a complaint about UPS drivers on Richmond Parkway! Tell them to drive in the slow lane. They take up both lanes and no one can go around them! Not fun driving to work.