01 February 2005

Percussion Music

Last nite, I met up with Ed to go over the structure of the percussion music that we were planning to teach the musicians. We focused on music from the Northern Luzon area of the Philippines. We came up with basic structures for the music and I think we are going to make it the standard for Likha's music repertoire. It was interesting to notate the music on a music program on the computer (called musictime, I think) and hear the gansa music being played by a program that sounds like a piano. It took me a while to get used to it, but after a while, you kind of bypass it and actually hear the structure of all the music parts being played as one. It was long a nite and by the time I got home it was 11:00 pm already and I had to get up at 5:30 to go to work. I'm surprised I'm still up tonite. Anyways I better get some sleep. I don't think I can et through another day with less than 8 hours of sleep the night before.


Bang A Gong
Get it On!

No comments: