23 January 2005

Today we had our audition for the dance ethnic festival. I think we did ok, even though I kept screwing up the music for Paseo de Iloilo. I think it was because of a combination of things, the early time ( I wasn't awake yet) and the fact that we didn't have any monitor speakers on stage, so I couldn't hear anyone and I mean anyone (like Bryan was playing next to me and I COULDN"T hear him to get my timing right). I never felt so alone playing. Also, Mckenna theater does not have the best acoustics in the world, so that hindered the sound a little bit.

We then had our rehearsal today, and can you say ARAY marathon. we played that song over and over within the first hour or so until Kuya Rudi decided to teach Lapay Bantigue and Balamban. We then cut practice short an hour because it was already a long day for most of us.

He also came out with the potential schedule for this year and man, there's a whole lot of things going on. I had to tell Kuya R. to change my status for Brazil to a maybe because I might have trouble with fitting two weeks in the schedule since my work only allows mon-sat weekly vacations, meaning I can't start a vacation on any other day but mondays and our schedule for Brazil goes from a wednesday to a tuesday thing. I know maestro B is going to kill me when he reads this. Anyways keep your fingers crossed, I will talk to my manager and see what I can come up with. Sick days are another option too.

Saturday, I helped Arledge with moving some of the final things out of his house and I think we can officially say that the move out is finished. No all we have to do is wait for his house to get built and then wait for his call for the move in. I better buy a back brace.

Word to the wise:
Tipping is not a city in China.

3 comments:

Mur said...

If you can call in sick for fishing, you can call in sick for Brazil. Just say you caught Montezuma's Revenge.

Bryan said...

You're right Angelo...I'm going to kill you. :-)

Gary said...

I'm surprised your work doesn't supply you with a back brace?