17 January 2005

TIRED....AND THEN SOME

This past weekend was probably the most tiring weekend that I've ever had.
Saturday I helped my friend Ledge move some of their furniture and belongings out of his old house (which they've sold) and move them into storage as they wait for their new house to be built. Let me just tell ya, this boy has got A LOT of things, and it took us the whole day to move 4 loads of stuff in the truck. Guess what, that wasn't enough, as I finally left his house at 11:30 pm (I started at 9 am)
he still has enough things for at least another 3 loads. Granted he only rented a 14 Ft u-haul truck, that's still a lot of shiznit to move. But it felt good to help, since it was only me, him and John that eas doing it.

Sunday was Likha's first rehearsal for 2005. Attendance was surprisingly good (matter of time before people start not showing up for practice) Practiced a couple of old dances (aray and abaruray) then we went on to practice for our ethnic audition pieces which were Jota Manilena and Paseo de Iloilo. Audition is next Sunday, hopefully we do a good enough performance to get into the festival. If not, there's the Brazil and Vancouver performances to look forward to. Also, Kuya Rudi confirmed last Sunday that the festival people from France had officially invited Likha to be a part of their dance festival in 2006. I guess I better brushed up on my french as well. Sweetness!!!!

Today, I had to work even though it was MLK day, but it was all good, a lot of people were off so it was somewhat an easy day. Oh well, I'm off to watch Monster House on Discovery. Later on peeps

Keep on strumming!

1 comment:

Bryan said...

omg, i have one word for ledge -- "purge!" i think i'm gonna call the show clean sweep for him. i just purged all the junk from my room this weekend, and it feels GOOD!