20 November 2005

Fraktis

I started my day today by meeting up with the Donger for good ole breakfast at the home of the chicken and waffles in Oakland.
Man it was grubbin' and they give you a lot. The sweet potato pie was good, and the chicken was cooked just right. Good thing I loaded up because during practice we (the musicians) played non-stop for the whole duration of practice, and we even had to do a dance routine. Now a lot of dancers might say, "how can you be tired when all you did was sit and play music" well, I would counter by saying that I would like to see them beat down on the gansa with your bare hands for a good hour and a half and see how you feel after. I mean my hands were so beat up that they were bloddy red by time we stopped playing. Only to realize that we had to go out and do dance of the seven gongs. Man I was so tired at the end that I was glad that no one wanted to hang out and I just went straight home and just chilled. Hopefully the blister that popped under my feet will not be a cause for concern tomorrow at work.

I just found out that our good friends the Reyes' might be having their baby tonight. Congrats to them and I would like to welcome a new member to the family.

6 comments:

ojpt said...

whew! I don't remember ever having to play that much gansa in one sitting.

VirtualErn said...

I actually had fun playing the gansas. Wish I could be as good as the rest of you fellas...too much hand-eye coordination!!! :)

bev said...

that's true, us dancers got to rest at least a little bit. it was a great workout, though!

DJ John said...

Would that be the Reyes family that doubles as malakas at maganda?

It's just me said...

love your title; it made me laugh

Big Sexy said...

John-it's actually Almar and Jen.