17 August 2005

I'm Back

Well, I'm back from Brazil, I was the last one to get home from group that left monday afternoon. I arrived last nite at 8:45 pm a mere 34 hours after we left Nova Prata. Never take American airlines, they're always delayed and they lose your luggage. As I was collecting my baggages from the carousel, I noticed that there was a lot of bags with a yellow ribbon on them (we all put a yellow ribbing on our bags so that we can identify them quickly) so I decided to check oout the name tags, and sure enough it belongs to my fellow likhettes, and there was at least 10 that I saw by the time I left. The thing was, I was the only one from likha that was on that flight. The rest of the group arrived a mere 5 hours earlier than me. So a word to the wise, never ever fly American Airlines, they are by far the worst and most unorganized airline in the U.S.

So the festival went well, as I'm sure my fellow bloggers have already started writing about it. There was a lot of performances that we had to do, but the people were so receptive and hospitable and that made it worthwhile. The cities that we performed in were, Nova Prata, Serrafina Correa, and Cotipura. Every town we went to we got treated like rock stars, I mean we had to go meet the mayor of the town, then we go on a small tour of the town, while getting fed every couple of hours (at least it seemed that way) and getting mobbed by children asking for autographs and trying to exchange brazillian coins for phillipine coins. I tell ya the experience was awesome and eventhough it was tiring, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything else.

I'm still tired so I will make my list of memorable moments from the festival at another time.

6 comments:

DJ John said...

welcome back bud, i got to do a little shopping in DC waiting for your damn plane to arrive last nite.

Big Sexy said...

Thanks for putting up with my f-up schedule. Like I said, American Airlines suck and not to be taken for future travels. Hope you had a good nite sleep.
Again thanks for getting me at the airport.

VirtualErn said...

Welcome back!
Sounds like it was a great trip for all!

Keem said...

yo bunk brother, sorry if my snoring/moving kept you up. thanks for all the help, especially with the percussion parts

bev said...

how funny that you saw some of our luggage...we saw them on the truck on the runway as our plane was taking off, and knew that some of ours was left behind. gary got his luggage delivered to our house the next morning.

Randy said...

even though you know already, i have the drum. sucks you got that back late...i was surprised when ya rang the celly and you sed you just got in.

this trip was really fun, no matter what drama, sickness, injuries happened. this would be a trip to remember for a really long time.

i still owe you for the champagne.

peace...