25 September 2005

Weekend happenings

Last friday we had our last official rondalla practice at the Chateau in SSF. It went well, although the attendance was a little low. It was as usual the rondalla proper group (sans Herna) who was present. But a lot of the newbies weren't there. Hmm I wonder if any of them are still interested in playing.

Saturday, we played for the APAture festival at the South of Market Arts centre. We finally debuted the yet untitled Jota that Maestro B wrote. It was received well by the "book Fair-esque" crowd (The Brazil crew knows what I'm talking about).
After playing 3 musical pieces, Prof., Rockstar, Ms. Luzon and I proceeded to go to the SSF municipal bldg. where Likha was scheduled to perform asik and sinkil. Let's just say that performance deserves to be forgotten and be erased from all existence.
That's all I'm going to say about that.

Sunday we had our rehearsal at our temporary place for the remainder of the season. It's at the KSW office on Capp st. in S.F.
Parking was a bitch and there was homeless people everywhere. Oh well, at least it's only temporary. but the inside of the place is nice and I'm sure that once all the renovation is down, it will be a really nice office space.

Oh well, time to finish off a report for my work.
4 more sleeps 'til I go to Vancouver...woo hoo...... 4 day weekend

No comments: