22 March 2005

Brazil update

Well, my mgr finally approved my vacations and I can now join the group for Brazil.
woo-hoo. Now to work some overtime hours to help pay for this endeavor.

It's been nice to spend some time with my mom. Although I'm working, it's cool to know that when I get home she will be there and she and I can talk about my nice and new nephew (for those that know my brother, he just had a baby boy). So now I have to drive my mom around so she can buy stuff for them. Maybe we'll head out to babies r'us and get some baby stuff.

It sucks that it's been raining a lot lately. It put a damper on our plans to have a massive BBQ for work. We have just achieved 1 month of no accident/injuries. I know it's only a month, but when you consider we put out about 80 drivers a day and they drive on the avg of 33 miles a day and handle about 300-700 pkgs a day, that's a big deal. Do congrats to my fellow Upsers, may the rain stop falling and the sun starts shining, and our bellies be filled with steaks and cranberries. Raise the glass (afterwork that is).

Peace out.

2 comments:

mrs cruz said...

Woo Hoo!! Brazil here we come!

Mur said...

yeah! glad you can join us! now i won't be a 5th wheel!