23 April 2006

Tired

I'm so tired this weekend. Friday we had rondalla practice at Donger's house. Since a lot of people came late, it ended up really late (around 11-ish). We then had an 8 am call at the recording studio at CC college for our 2nd cd recording. It went ok albeit we had a skeleton crew playing because of the confusion with the scheduling and a lot of people double booking themselves.
Even though we only recorded a third of what we wanted to record, it was tiring. We go back next weekend and hopfully finish up the recording. ( they let us listen to the raw recording afterwards and it sounded clear and so well.)

Today we had some of the bayanihan alumnis practice for their part in the big show we have this august. It was nice to see some of them, some of whom I haven't seen in a long while. It was a good practice, all the newbies were present and it was good to see that they were all willing to learn their new dances. The musicians were solid as usual, until Herna and warren started messing around with the gong part of the bagobo dance. I'm tired and I'm going to bed soon since I have to get to work at 7 am ugh. Good nite.

3 comments:

ojpt said...

Also gotta mention Kuya Greg on guitar. Playing with him and the likes of Kuya Peter and other Bayanihan alum always makes it painfully obvious to me that my playing technique is inspired more by garage rokk than by the standards of pilipino folk.

bev said...

actually rondalla practice ended around 10 :) I think it's cuz everyone hung out after to watch the videotape and eat dessert :)

i got really confused during the gong part of bagobo.

VirtualErn said...

Sorry about the gong part, guys. I was joking around with Warren and Herna... They wanted me to ring their bell. :)

And you're right on, OJ...playing with Kuya Greg was really fun! I really wish I could play with such furvor and passion.