09 May 2005

Weekend Haps!

This past weekend the Likha rondalla played for the UC Davis PCN show. It was a very long weekend (each show was 4 hours long) but we all managed to keep ourselves entertained, from playing pusoy dos in between shows, to Ed's rendition of the dueling banjos (with the guitar player from the other "band") during one of the interludes, to me and Beverly critiquing the dancers.

Since the show was so far from our respected homes, we all camped out at the Chateau de Laxa. It was nice to spend a the weekend with everyone outside of practice. I think everyone had a pretty good time hanging out and just being ourselves.

Sunday I was the last one (as usual) to leave for home. Mainly because I was still tired from not getting enough sleep over the weekend. I even thinking of hitting the outlets before going home, but decided against it as it was raining and on the notion that the stores will be crowded. But I did ended up buying this on ebay before I left the Laxa's house.

When I got home, I crashed on my bed 'til 8:30 pm. Then I went to bed at 10:45 and when I woke up for work today, I was still exhausted. I guess the whole weekend took more out of me than I anticipated. But no worries, I'll just try and catch up on rest this week.

So for the rest of the rondalla peeps that was there this weekend.
Raise the glass!!! especially for the blazing speed rendition of Manilena and Panderetas.

3 comments:

bev said...

the weekend wore me out!!

Big Sexy said...

It's tuesday and I'm still trying to recuperate from this past weekend. I guess sleeping at past 11 doesn't help either.

bev said...

alam mo, angelo, blog slacker ka.